With the 4th of July right around the corner, our culinary thoughts naturally turn to the grill. On hot days (and evenings) it’s nice to get something done that both tasty and quick. The following accomplishes both.
- 1/3 cup tahini sauce (soy will do)
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 2 chopped cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 ½ pounds tri-tip
- Heat grill. Place top six ingredients into food processor and blend thoroughly. Pour mixture over tri-tip, turning several times.
- Place meat on the grill and baste meat often with marinade.
- Cook until a thermometer reads 120 in thickest part of the meat. Take off the grill and let rest for ten minutes.
- Cut thinly and serve with Asian rice or noodle salad.
Serves 4 – 6
A nice bottle of 2014 Alexander Valley Merlot would go well here.