Over the past week we have been living out of our suitcases, as fires have covered the region. We have stayed with various friends who often had other displaced guests. Meals were makeshift, but we usually managed to get together something more than palatable. Here’s what we did last night.
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 pimento stuffed olives, sliced thinly
- 2 lemons, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup Taft Street Chardonnay
- Salt and pepper
- Saute shallot and garlic in heated olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, pimento and lemons and cook until chicken is browned, 8 – 1- minutes. Increase heat, add Chardonnay and cook until reduced, 2 – 3 minutes.
Serve with pasta, baguette and Taft Street Russian River Chardonnay.