The days are heating up and lighter meals are of the order. This dish serves both as a brunch or a light dinner on a warm summer’s day. It pairs nicely with both out Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc and Rose of Pinot Noir.
- 9 inch pie crust
- 2 large leeks, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter eggs with cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- 1 smoked chicken and apple sausage, diced
- 5 eggs, well beaten
- 2/3 cup cream
- 1 cup Gruyere or Swiss cheese, grated
- nutmeg, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375. Saute leeks in butter on low heat for 15 minutes. Add sausage. Mix eggs with cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Pour mix into pie crust and bake 30 – 40 minutes, until tart is nicely browned and set in the middle.
- Grate nutmeg on top and serve.
Serves 4 – 6