Our BEST OF THE BEST 2016 Russian River Valley Rose of Pinot Noir has drawn accolades from many. One is the grower of the award winning wine. Arturo Ibleto is known in Sonoma County as “Pasta King.” He’s partial, but he thinks the Best of the Best rose goes best with pasta. Here’s one of our favorites.
- 1 pound peeled shrimp (30 – 40)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 quarts water
- 1 pound linguini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic, minced
- ½ cup 2016 Taft Street Russian River Valley Rose of Pinot Noir
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- basil leaves (garnish)
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add salt and stir in pasta, cooking until al dente (7 – 9 minutes). Drain into a colander, setting aside one cup of cooking liquid.
- While pasta is cooking heat oil in a skillet and add shallots, garlic, and salt. Cook 3 – 5 minutes and add wine and tomatoes and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Add shrimp and cream. If the mixture is too dry add cooking liquid as needed.
- Divide pasta on plates, pouring shrimp sauce on top. Add basil leaves as garnish. Serve with the rest of the Taft Street Rose. You may need another bottle!