Memorial Day is history, and we have now officially entered grill season. It’s time to clean the grates, break out some charcoal or propane or hardwood, and fire up your cooker.
We are going to start the season with a new favorite – grilled pork chops with gochujang barbecue sauce.
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- ¼ cup sriracha
- 4 thick pork chops, bone in
- salt and pepper
- Prepare high heat grill with indirect heat. Bring vinegar, brown sugar, gochujang and sriracha to a simmer in a small pan; cooking for 12-15 minutes. Set aside to cool, and transfer half the sauce to a bowl for table service.
- Season pork with salt and pepper. Grill both sides about 3 minutes, until nicely browned. Continue cooking and turning, basting with half the sauce to create a glaze, another 5-6 minutes. When internal temperature reads 145 remove from grill and let rest 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with reserved sauce.
Our 2016 Medallion, a blend of Zinfandel and Petite Sirah, is a particularly good choice here.