Here is a quick and tasty dish that is both unique and easy to prepare. It’s a great summer meal, especially with a glass or two of Taft Street Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc.
- 1 package (3.5 ounces) achiote paste, available in speciality markets
- 2 garlic gloves, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 24 large shrimp, peeled with tails left on
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Place paste, garlic, juices and vinegar in blender and mix until smooth. Pour over shrimp and refrigerate for an hour.
- In a 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat, place drained shrimp and cook through, about 3-4 minutes. Plate. Add remaining marinade and cook down to a creamy consistency. Spoon over shrimp and top with cilantro.