With the Holidays drawing to and end, it’s time for simpler dishes. Here is an easy yet elegant main course that uses seasonal lemons and always seasonal Taft Street Sauvignon Blanc.
- 8 chicken thighs, trimmed
- Flour, salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups Taft Street Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Parsley for garnish
- Heat oven to 350. Season chicken with flour mixture. In an ovenproof skillet heat butter and oil and brown chicken on both sides, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and pour off all but 2 tablespoons of liquid. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes; then add wine, stock, lemon and capers and bring to a boil. Add chicken skin side up and put in oven to braise for 30 -40 minutes.
- Return skillet to stove and reduce liquid slightly, about 5 minutes.
Serve with pasta (linguini is my favorite) or rice, and Taft Street Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc.