With Holiday Season here and with people spending more time at home, attention turns to sweet traditional dishes. Crème brulee has been a longtime favorite and with good reason – it tastes delicious. For a seasonal twist, pair it with our 2020 Pinot Noir Nouveau from the Russian River Valley.
- 1 large egg
- 4 large egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar, plus more for topping
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a bowl mix eggs, egg yolks and sugar. Slowly add scalded cream and vanilla to the mixture. Pour into six 9 ounce ramekins until almost full.
- Place to ramekins in a baking dish and add boiling water halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for about 40 minutes until gently set. Remove from bath, cool and store in fridge until firm.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar on top of each dish, and heat with a kitchen blowtorch until caramelized. Cool a bit and serve.