As harvest 2020 begins and the fires temporarily subside, it’s time to think positive thoughts – like what’s for dinner. I’m digging into my freezer for the last of the halibut caught in last year’s Alaskan fishing adventure. Here is a complement to any table.
- 1 pound halibut, cooked and cooled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons oil for frying
- Lemon juice
- Mix cheese, egg, mayo, onion, 2 tablespoons panko, Worcestershire sauce together. Add halibut and salt and pepper.
- Put ¾ cup panko in a large dish. Shape Halibut mixture into 6 cakes and dip both sides into panko to coat.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and fry cakes 5 minutes per side. Squeeze lemon juice on top and serve.
Serves 6 with a bottle of Taft Street Russian River Valley Chardonnay