With summer in full swing and temperatures on the rise, it is often too hot to cook. Here’s a great way to beat the heat and use leftover bar b que chicken.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced 1 bunch scallions, finely sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- Sesame seeds
- In a jar combine oil, vinegar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger and oil. Whisk to a froth and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl combine chicken, lettuces, bell peppers, scallions and cilantro. Pour dressing over salad and mix.
- Top with noodles and sesame seeds. Serve.
Taft Street Rose of Pinot Noir or Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc would make this a feast!