This weekend we are taking part Grill 116, a BBQ at Taft Street and neighboring wineries. Here’s what we have cooking.
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 12 oz can pear juice
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ½ pounds cross cut, bone-in beef ribs (flanken)
- In a large bowl combine first 6 ingredients. Add short ribs, refrigerate a marinade overnight.
- Heat grill. When hot place ribs on grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve with rice, sliced scallions and toasted sesame seeds.
Served 4 – 6. We like Taft Street Zinfandel with this mildly spicy dish.