As we inch our way towards warmer weather our attention turns to casual dining. Here is a dish that can be served anytime/anyplace; equally appropriate from morning til evening.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, diced
- black pepper
- 4 cups cooked greens (spinach, kale….), chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 12 eggs beaten
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- ¼ cup cream
- ½ cup goat cheese, rumbled
- ½ cup chives, chopped
- Heat oven to 400. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large saucepan, adding garlic, shallot and pepper to taste. Add greens and salt to taste. After 2 minutes transfer to paper towels.
- Combine eggs, chicken, cream, salt, pepper and greens mixture. Heat remaining oil in cast iron or nonstick pan and pour in egg mixture. Cook until edges set.
- Mix cheese with chives and lemon juice and scatter atop eggs. Transfer pan to oven and cook 10 – 12 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through.
- Cut into wedges. Served 4 – 6.
This goes especially well with our 2018 Russian River Valley Rose of Pinot Noir. Like the frittata, good from morning til night!