During the rainy season (and it has been rainy!) comfort food is required. A simple pasta with baguette and Taft Street wine is all that’s needed on a blustery winter’s evening.
- ½ pound quality bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 pound pasta (bucatini or fettucine work well)
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- Red pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Put large pot of water on to boil. Saute bacon in olive oil until crisp. Drain and set aside. Cook onion in remaining oil/fat until soft. Add pepper flakes to taste
- Cook pasta to al dente (time will vary).
- In a large bowl combine bacon, onion, tomatoes and pasta. Heat and serve, topping with grated cheese.
Serves 4 – 6 and goes particularly well with Taft Street Alexander Valley Merlot.