With warm weather upon us, outdoor entertaining becomes the rule and informal dishes make it easier on everyone. Here is a go-to plate which does not take too much preparation but delivers big on flavor. Moreover, it pairs well with Taft Street Rose of Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc – two of our summertime favorites.
- 1 pound shredded chicken breast
- 8 ounces peeled, seeded and finely sliced cucumber
- ½ cup neutral oil like corn oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 inch minced fresh ginger
- 3 sheets whole wheat lavash
- 36 x 3 inch toothpicks
- Combine top seven ingredients in large bowl. Divide into fourths and spread over lavash sheets.
- Roll each sheet into a roll with the long side in front of you horizontally.
- Cut each roll into 12 pinwheels, securing each pinwheels with as toothpick.
- Pop the corks on the Rose and Sauvignon Blanc and enjoy!