Scoring great wine at known favorites was easy at the 2013 Winter Wineland. If you aren’t already familiar with these wineries, please change that. We have consistently enjoyed their wines over the years and of the ones they were pouring last weekend, these are the wines we preferred the most: Taft Street Winery – 2011 Russian River Valley Chardonnay, 2011 “Garagistes” Russian River Valley Chardonnay (2030 Barlow Lane, Sebastopol, 707-823-2049)February will be a busy month for us. Sales Manager Paul Young and I will travel to Southern California next week for an introductory visit with the folks at Ribevi Wines International. Later, Paul will head back east to work in the Massachusetts market. Later visits to Louisiana, Texas and New York are in the works. With Winter WINEland now behind us, Kaitlyn and crew have a month to get ready for Barrel Tasting, March 1 – 3 and March 8 – 10. February would be a great time to visit us, as the Tasting Room will be relatively uncrowded and the season’s new wines will be available. Cheers, Mike Tierney President, Taft Street Winery
Archive for month: February, 2013
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 ounce dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coffee beans, finely ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 x 28 ounce can tomatoes in juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 x 15 ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat oil in large pan. Cook onion until soft, 6 – 8 minutes. Add oregano and cumin and stir for a minutes. Add turkey and stir until no longer brown.
- Stir in chili powder, bay leaves, chocolate, coffee, salt and cinnamon. Add tomatoes and broth. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add beans, discard bay leaves and cook for 10 minutes. (Can be made a day ahead.)
We welcome visitors to our tasting room. Open Monday through Friday from 11 AM to 4 PM daily. Open weekends 11 AM to 4:30 PM.
No need for appointments with groups under six.
The $10/person tasting fee is waived with purchase. Tastings are complimentary for President Club members.
State of the Street
2030 Barlow Lane
Sebastopol, CA 95472
Email: [email protected]
WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol.