I’ve been fooling around with this recipe for the last couple of months. You can limit yourself to wings here, but I like the various chicken parts.
- ¼ cup sraracha sauce
- ½ stick butter
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 4-5 pound chicken; wings split, thighs cut in two, each half breast cut into 3-4 pieces (16-18 pieces total)
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 375. Combine the sauce, butter, vinegar and garlic in a small bowl.
- Put the chicken in a large roasting pan, coat with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Turn chicken over, baste, and pour off accumulated fat. Cook 15 minutes.
- Raise oven temperature to 450. Toss chicken in hot sauce mixture. Return to oven and cook 10 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
These go really well with a glass of icy Taft Street 2011 Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc.