We should eat more beans. They’re good for us, tasty, and easy to prepare. We cooked 20 pounds of them for our birthday party – here’s a more reasonable amount.
- 1 pound dried beans, washed and drained
- Water and chicken stock
- Onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 16 oz can whole tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Put beans in large pan, cover with water/stock. Add onion and garlic, and bring to boil and let it boil uncovered for 2 minutes. Cover the pot, turn off the heat, and let beans soak for 2 hours.
- Add tomatoes and salt and pepper and cook at low heat. Add stock/water if drying.
- Check every 15 minutes or so until done to your liking. Adjust seasoning and serve with just about anything.