Since we bottled our 2011 Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc, Asian food has been on my mind. What better way to celebrate Chinese New Year than pair the new wine with an old favorite – potstickers.
- 24 circular dumpling wrappers
- 4 ounces white radish (daikon)
- 4 ounces minced pork
- 1 egg
- Salt & pepper (Sichuan if available)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese black vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 1 minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Peel radish. Cut into thin slices, then slivers. Blanch in boiling water, drain, and squeeze dry.
- Mix radish with pork, egg salt and pepper.
- Place a teaspoon of pork mixture on top of wrapper, moisten the rim of half the wrapper, and seal tightly. Lay dumplings on floured tray.
- Mix soy sauce, vinegar chili oil and garlic. Place in dipping bowl.
- Heat wok or non stick skillet with a tablespoon vegetable oil until quite hot. Add 12 dumplings and cook for 2 minutes or until golden. Add ½ cup water, cover, and cook 6 – 7 minutes or until water has been absorbed. Place of serving dish and repeat with remaining 12 dumplings.
Happy Chinese New Year!