More than 1000 wines using Sonoma County Grapes are entered annually in Sonoma County Fair’s Professional Wine Competition. This competition is the largest regional wine competition in the nation. Judges — 25 of them — come from across the US, and from other countries to sit on a judging panel in three days of blind tastings. Their top selections are announced at the Annual Awards Night Gala.
Taft Street Awards
- Double Gold Medal – 2008 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir
- Gold Medal – 2007 Russian River Valley Zinfandel Cobblestone Vineyard
- Silver Medal – 2008 Garagistes Chardonnay
- Silver Medal – 2009 Russian River Valley Chardonnay
- Silver Medal – 2009 Russian River Valley Riesling