I’m a sucker for fresh fish, and everything is better with bacon. This recipe combines the two, and when washed down with a class of Taft Street Russian River Sauvignon Blanc satisfaction is achieved.
- 1 pound fresh fish (I like rock cod)
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- A handful of cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices thick bacon
- Olive oil
- Place fish, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, cilantro and salt and pepper in food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Form into four patties each about an inch thick.
- Partially cook bacon, and wrap each patty with a bacon strip, using a toothpick to fasten.
- Heat olive oil in skillet and cook patties until browned, 6 or 7 minutes. Flip and brown other sides (the bacon will be fully cooked now).
Serve with a seasonal salad and enjoy with a glass of Taft Street Sauvignon Blanc.