Yesterday the 49ers played the Rams for the Western Conference final. The good guys did not win. We had a few people over to watch the game, and it turned out the best part of the afternoon was the food – specifically BBQ chicken wings. Went really well with our newly released GOLD MEDAL winning 2019 Russian River Valley Grenache Syrah.
- 1 ½ pounds chicken wings, split with tips discarded
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- green onions and sesame seeds, optional garnish
- Heat grill to 450
- Stir all ingredients except chicken and garnish. In a bowl pour mixture over chicken, mix, cover and let marinade in fridge for an hour or so.
- Grill for 6-8- minutes a side until brown and crispy.
- Serve with garnish and additional sriracha if desired
Serves 4-6 as appetizer