It’s the time of year for roasts, stews and hearty soups. A wonderful (and easy) accompaniment to any of the above is this month’s dish – cheesy popovers. Simple ingredients, quickly put together and a crowd pleaser; you can serve this with any Taft Street wine.
- 1 tablespoon melted butter, plus more for greasing ramekins
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Generously grease 6 ramekins. Place pans in oven for 2 minutes. Meanwhile mix butter, flour, eggs, milk and salt. Fill ramekins half full and top with grated cheese.
- Cook 30 minutes. Serve immediately.