The Holidays Season is all about food (and family), and one dish that always adds a festive touch is twice baked potatoes. An added advantage is that the dish is easy to prepare.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- Olive oil, salt
- ½ cup butter
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- Optional garnish: crumbled bacon/chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400. Brush potatoes with olive oil and salt, place on rimmed cookie sheet, and bake until soft (about one hour).
- Cool slightly and slice in half lengthwise. Scoop inside of potato, leaving ¼ inch edge to maintain shape.
- In bowl add butter, sour cream and scooped out potato. Mash until creamy, and add ½ cheese. Top with remaining cheese and optional garnishes.
- Cook in 350 oven until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
We served this on Christmas with a prime rib and Taft Street Russian River Valley Pinot Noir.