As we get into fall we need heartier dishes – and red wine. Here’s the dish – and the wine to go with it.
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, hopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup chopped herbs (thyme, parsley, basil)
- ¾ cup white wine (Taft Street Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 quart crushed tomatoe
- 3 cups broth
- 2 pounds sea bass fillets, cubed
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions, celery, salt and pepper and cook until soft (4-5 minutes). Add herbs and garlic and cook briefly (1 minute).
- Stir in white wine and crushed tomatoes and bring to simmer. Add broth and cook 20 minutes.
- Season fish with salt and pepper and add to pot, stirring gently to distribute fish evenly. Cook 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Ladle into serving bowls and serve with favorite crusty bread.
A 2017 Alexander Valley Merlot would accompany this nicely. Serves 4-6