Yes, it’s that time of year again. Crank up the BBQ and get ready for another season in front of the grill. We started the season off on Easter with a butterflied leg of lamb with garden herb sauce.
- 4 cloves garlic
- Handful of mint, rosemary, thyme
- Juice from 3 lemons
- Salt and pepper
- 4-5 pounds boned leg of lamb
- In blender mix herbs, lemon juice, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Unfold meat and cut along folds and thick parts to create a roughly uniform thick slab of meat (1 ½ inches). Marinate meat in sauce for an hour at room temperature.
- Place meat on bar b que at medium heat. Cook 12-15 minutes a side, where internal temperature should be 125-130 for rare/medium rare.
- Serve with potatoes, salad and Taft Street Pinot Noir.