It’s that time of year again – St. Patrick’s Day will soon be here. Instead of the rather mundane boiled potatoes and cabbage try this variation. It goes well with corned beef and other roasted and grilled meats.
- 1 pound cabbage, halved and cored
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ up Irish cheddar
- Preheat oven to 375. Steam cabbage until tender, 15 – 20 minutes. When cooled, finely chop.
- Peel and quarter potatoes. Pour into pot of water, add salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until tender, 20 – 25 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and out in large bowl. Add 3 tablespoons butter, cabbage, scallions, and salt and pepper to taste. When cooled a bit, stir in egg.
- Melt remaining butter and brush pie plate