Last weekend I did one of my favorite things in the whole world. I had a friend swing by Tomales Bay and picked up a sack of Hog Island oysters, made some mignonette sauce, cracked open several frosty bottles of 2016 Taft Street Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc, and sat around with friends enjoying the aforementioned. Life doesn’t get much better!
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black peppercorns
- ½ cup vinegar (red or white or rice)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- Combine all ingredients and chill. Serve with oysters.
- Fresh lemon and hot sauce may be included.