In the last few years, this simple salad has become a summertime staple. Just remember; the better the ingredients, the better the results.
- 3 pounds seedless watermelon, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus zest from ½ the lemon
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon for drizzle
- ¼ cup mint leaves, chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- Put watermelon in large bowl. Add lemon juie, zest, oil and mint. Toss until evenly mixed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer salad to a serving dish and top with feta. Sprinkle remaining zest, olive oil and a few grinds of fresh pepper. Serves 4 – 6.
If you are lucky enough to possess some Taft Street 2016 Russian River Rose of Pinot Noir, you have yourself a feast. However, the Taft Street Chardonnay or Taft Street Sauvignon Blanc will not disappoint.