We are constantly on the lookout for a simple, good tasting dish that goes well with one of our wines. In summertime that wine of often Taft Street Russian River Sauvignon Blanc, and the following shrimp and rice combo works particularly well with it.
- 1 ½ cups long grained rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 pound shelled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- ½ teaspoon black vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- Garnish (parsley, crumbled nori, cilantro, etc.)
- Cook rice per directions. Let cool.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add garlic and shrimp, cooking until garlic browns and shrimp turns opaque.
- Add rice, tamari, vinegar and fish sauce, stirring until well mixed. Serve immediately and top with sesame seeds and garnish of choice. Taft Street Sauvignon Blanc is a requirement!