It’s that time of year again folks. After a disastrous crab season last year, it looks as though things are back to normal. The rainy season will be compensated this year not only by the play of the Golden State Warriors but also by the delicious treat of Dungeness crab (and Taft Street Chardonnay).
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped finely
- 3 green onions, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped finely
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 3 cooked/cleaned/cracked crabs (4 – 5) pounds)
- 1 loaf good French baguette
- Heat a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add all ingredients except crab and stir-fry for 2 – 3 minutes. Take off heat and let cool.
- Arrange crab pieces on a large platter. Provide bowl for shells. Divide dipping sauce in several small bowls around the table.
- Enjoy! This can all be a bit messy as the best work is done by hand. Bowls with water/lemon are helpful.
Don’t forget plenty of Taft Street Chardonnay. It doesn’t get much better than this!
Serves 4 – 6