Archive for month: March, 2016
- 4 guajillo peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 4 ancho peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded pork
- 10 ounces fresh cheese – Oaxaca
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Sauce: Briefly heat peppers on a hot skillet – 10 seconds per side. Place them in a pot with stock, bring to boil, then set aside to cool (30 minutes). Mix together garlic and spices, add to pepper stock, and put in blender until smooth.
- Heat oil in fry pan and cook tortillas 10 seconds per side. Drain on paper towels. Coat each side of tortillas with pepper sauce, place ½ cup of shredded pork in center, and roll into a tube.
- In a 9X13 glass or ceramic dish spread ½ cup of pepper mixture. Place all tortilla tubes, seam to the bottom, and top with remaining sauce. Crumbled cheese and onion go on top.
- Place in oven and cook for 25 minutes, or until the cheese has a nice brown edge to it. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve.
We welcome visitors to our tasting room. Open Monday through Friday from 11 AM to 4 PM daily. Open weekends 11 AM to 4:30 PM.
No need for appointments with groups under six.
The $10/person tasting fee is waived with purchase. Tastings are complimentary for President Club members.
State of the Street
2030 Barlow Lane
Sebastopol, CA 95472
Email: [email protected]
WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol.