Here is a quick and easy and delicious way to feed a group and still remain part of the party. The preparation can be made the day before, and the ribs cook in a couple of minutes.
- 4 – 5 pounds Korean style beef ribs (also known as flanken cut)
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup rice wine
- 1 onion, roughly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 nub fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a bowl whisk the sugar, soy sauce, water, rice wine, onion, garlic, sesame oil and ginger. Pour into food processor and puree. Place ribs in plastic bag(s) and pour marinade to cover. Press out air from bags and seal. Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat grill to medium – hot. Grill ribs until char marks appear – two to three minutes per side.
Serve with slaw and a spicy red, like to 2013 Taft Street Russian River Valley Syrah.