This time of year fresh corn and tomatoes are abundant. This quick and easy side dish is just a bit different, as it offers some Indian spice flavors to down-home ingredients. We especially like it with our 2014 Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc.
- 3 ears of corn, husked and silked
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon masala
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful fresh cilantro, ripped into bite-size pieces
- Heat large skillet until it starts to smoke. Rub corn with oil and cook until charred golden, about 20 minutes. Remove and cool. (You may also bbq corn if convenient.)
- Whisk together lime juice, cumin, paprika cardamom, masala, and salt and pepper.
- Slice kernels off corncobs and put in salad bowl. Add tomatoes and cilantro. Toss with dressing and taste for seasoning.