I am getting ready to grill racks of ribs for the Super Bowl crowd gathering later today, and I need something to accompany it. What’s more American than a slaw with bacon and bleu cheese? Here we go!
- 1 small cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 smaller radiccio, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 oz bleu cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups apple cider
- Mix cabbage, radiccio and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook bacon until crisp; crumble, and set aside.
- Cook shallot in bacon grease and set aside.
- Reduce cider to 1/2 cup.
- Add half of the cheese(2 oz), shallot and salt and pepper to blender and
- Pour dressing over mixed leaves and pepper, and top with remaining blue
cheese and bacon.