Archive for month: July, 2014
On July 13, we welcome Lazyman, formally the Steve Pile Band. Lazyman is a Northern California rock band influenced by delta blues, “good” country music, African rhythms and tasty jams. These flavors wrap Steve Pile’s original tunes like bacon around a fig. As Steve Pile Band, they have been playing around the Bay Area for 5 years, as well as with other bands like Tiny Television and Fog Dub.
- 1 beef brisket (5-6 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup apple juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6 cups oak or hickory chips soaked in water
- Combine chili powder, salt, sugar, pepper and cumin. Rub the mix over brisket, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate overnight.
- Set up grill for indirect grilling and heat to low. Place ¼ wood chips on top of heat source.
- Place brisket, fat side up, in an aluminum pan away from heat.
- Cook until tender with an internal temperature of 185. Replenish chips every hour for the first 4 hours, and spray meat with the apple juice-olive oil mixture to keep moist.
- Remove brisket and let rest for 20 minutes. Slice against the grain, pour the pan juices on top, and serve.
We welcome visitors to our tasting room. Open Monday through Friday from 11 AM to 4 PM daily. Open weekends 11 AM to 4:30 PM.
No need for appointments with groups under six.
The $10/person tasting fee is waived with purchase. Tastings are complimentary for President Club members.
State of the Street
2030 Barlow Lane
Sebastopol, CA 95472
Email: [email protected]
WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol.