These are super easy to prepare for a crowd. We’ll serve them this weekend at our annual spring President’s Club party. This recipe makes about 36 cookies.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Set 2 racks in middle and upper third of oven, heated to 350.
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt, oats and nuts.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. Turn mixer to low and add flour/oatmeal mixture until blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Form walnut sized balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheets about 3 inches apart. Cook 7 minutes, turn pans, and cook 6 minutes more until lightly browned. Cool on racks.
A glass of 2013 Rose of Pinot Noir would make a delicious pairing!