We served this to a crowd on Christmas Eve and had rave reviews. It’s a wonderful dish to serve over the winter months, crab season in Northern California.
- 2 large crabs, cleaned and cracked
- 1 pound squid, cleaned and cut in 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fennel bulb, diced
- 1 teaspoon pepper flakes
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 cup Taft Street Chardonnay
- 1 28 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan and cook onion, garlic and fennel until soft, about five minutes. Add pepper flakes
- Add stock, Chardonnay and tomato sauce and simmer for 20 minutes, seasoning to taste.
- Add fish and cook until done, 8 -10 minutes. Be careful not to overcook as the squid and shrimp become tough.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with good bread and salad – and a good supply of Taft Street Chardonnay!
Serves 6 – 8