Archive for month: November, 2013
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 diced green pepper
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ cup Taft Street Chardonnay
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 ½ quarts chicken stock
- 1 quart ½ and ½
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- meat from 3 fresh crabs
- Brown bacon. Allow to cool, crumble and set aside.
- Melt butter and add onion, green pepper, celery and garlic and cook for 10 minutes. Pour in Taft Street Chardonnay and bring to a simmer, adding pepper, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce. Add potatoes and chicken stock, bring to a boil, and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add bacon and cook until potatoes are cooked, another 15 – 20 minutes. Stir in saffron threads and ½ and ½. When heated through serve with parsley as a garnish.
We welcome visitors to our tasting room. Open Monday through Friday from 11 AM to 4 PM daily. Open weekends 11 AM to 4:30 PM.
No need for appointments with groups under six.
The $10/person tasting fee is waived with purchase. Tastings are complimentary for President Club members.
State of the Street
2030 Barlow Lane
Sebastopol, CA 95472
Email: [email protected]
WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol.