This ceviche is a perfect summer appetizer. A cool combination of fish, lime, chile, tomatoes and avocados is served with tortilla chips and icy Taft Street Rose of Pinot Noir.
- 1 pound fresh Pacific cod or snapper, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 avocado, skinned, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In glass bowl combine fish, lime juice and onion. Cover and refrigerate for 5 hours. Drain. (Can be made a day ahead)
- In a large bowl mix tomatoes, chiles, cilantro and olive oil. Serve or refrigerate. Just before serving mix in the avocado. Serve with tortilla chips.