Archive for month: June, 2013
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 habanero chiles, stemmed and seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 whole skin-on, bone-in chicken legs and thighs
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a food processor and run until smooth. Place chicken in a 9×13 baking dish and pour marinade over, mixing to make sure marinade is under the skins. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Barbecue over moderate heat so skins won’t burn, about 40 minutes. Transfer to plate and serve with watermelon salad.
- 1 small, chilled seedless watermelon, cut into 1 inch dice
- 1 bunch basil, shredded
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Pepper to taste
- In a large, chilled salad bowl mix the top three ingredients.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with jerk chicken.
We welcome visitors to our tasting room. Open Monday through Friday from 11 AM to 4 PM daily. Open weekends 11 AM to 4:30 PM.
No need for appointments with groups under six.
The $10/person tasting fee is waived with purchase. Tastings are complimentary for President Club members.
State of the Street
2030 Barlow Lane
Sebastopol, CA 95472
Email: [email protected]
WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol.