We cooked these for Thanksgiving and they were a big hit. They match well with many winter dishes – roasts, soups, and the like. Plus, they really work with our current house favorite – Taft Street 2011 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir!
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped hers (rosemary, parsley, sage …)
- Preheat oven to 450. Lightly coat a standard muffin pan with butter or oil spray. When oven is heated, heat the pan for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in bowl whisk together milk, eggs, butter, flour and salt until well blended. Add cheese and herbs and mix well.
- Remove pan from oven and pour batter into each cup about 2/3 full. You should use all the batter. Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes. Turn the oven to 400 and bake 15 minutes more.
- Cool for a couple of minutes and serve warm. Enjoy!