The time is now! The 2012 Taft Street harvest begins today, and so far, everything looks amazing. Here’s a few early photos with more to come!
Archive for month: September, 2012
We served these little beauties at a recent wine/food pairing event involving our neighboring wineries (GRILL 116).
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ½ cup minced shallots
- 1 piece sliced bread, soaked in milk, drained and crumpled
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 head butter lettuce
- ½ cup cucumber, cut in matchsticks
- 2 thinly sliced scallions
- Combine 2 tablespoons fish sauce, lime juice, sriracha, and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine remaining fish sauce, chicken, shallots, bread, garlic, mint and cilantro in a bowl. Mix until integrated.
- Shape mixture into 2 inch balls – you should have 8. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Grill or sauté until cooked (4-5 minutes) Wrap each meatball in lettuce leaf, garnish with cucumber and scallion, and serve with dipping sauce.
The time is now! The Taft Street harvest for 2012 begins Wednesday, September 5th, when our first grapes arrive. This year the honors go to Russian River Valley Pinot Gris and Russian River Valley Pinot Noir. In another week we’ll be in full swing. So far everything looks good, including the weather report!
Winemaker Evelyn White prepared for the harvest by pouring our wine at the Sonoma Wine Country Weekend – Taste of Sonoma, held at the MacMurray Ranch on Saturday, September 1st. This is perhaps Sonoma County’s premier wine showcase, and thousands of oenophiles attended from all over the country and beyond. The Taft Street wines were a real hit, with the 2009 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir and the 2010 Russian River Valley Chardonnay especially praised.
The fun continues at the winery. We enjoyed our fourth successful concert with the music of the Rhythm Rangers, and will conclude our series by bringing back Bottle Shock on Sunday, September 30th. This week we will host a dinner for the folks of the North Bay Biz Magazine; and on Thursday, September 27th we will roast a whole pig from farmer/vintner Lou Preston in our barbecue smoker for the judges and officials of the Sonoma County Harvest Fair. The following day is the Harvest Fair Awards Dinner, and our concert concludes this very busy month!
President, Taft Street Winery
We welcome visitors to our tasting room. Open Monday through Friday from 11 AM to 4 PM daily. Open weekends 11 AM to 4:30 PM.
No need for appointments with groups under six.
The $10/person tasting fee is waived with purchase. Tastings are complimentary for President Club members.
State of the Street
2030 Barlow Lane
Sebastopol, CA 95472
Email: [email protected]
WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol.