Archive for month: December, 2011
- 3 10oz packages frozen spinach, thawed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup cream
- 2 pounds (2 whole) butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 2 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400. Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Squeeze spinach, coarsely chop and put in bowl.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in pan and cook garlic and onion, 5 minutes. Stir into spinach with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cream.
- Cut squash into 1/8 inch thick slices. (A mandolin or microwaving the squash briefly can be of help here.)
- Layer the squash and spinach in baking dish, starting and ending with the squash. Sprinkle cheese over top layer and dot with remaining butter.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Remove cover and continue until brown and bubbly, another 10-15 minutes.
- 2 pounds fresh figs
- ¼ cup sugar
- Zest from ½ orange
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons water
- Wash figs and cut into eighths
- Place all ingredients in pan. Mix.
- Heat gently to boiling, simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm or at room temperature
We welcome visitors to our tasting room. Open Monday through Friday from 11 AM to 4 PM daily. Open weekends 11 AM to 4:30 PM.
No need for appointments with groups under six.
The $10/person tasting fee is waived with purchase. Tastings are complimentary for President Club members.
State of the Street
2030 Barlow Lane
Sebastopol, CA 95472
Email: [email protected]
WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol.