Quick and easy, and perfect after a long day harvesting fruit and veggies.
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons rice wine or sake
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced shallots
- 3 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped red fresh chile
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 red onion, peeled and cut into julienne slices
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons water
- 1 ½ cups basil, leaves rinsed, drained, and coarsely chopped
- Cut chicken into 3 inch x ½ inch x ½ inch pieces. Mix ingredients 2 – 4 and toss in chicken to marinate.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to skillet until quite hot, add ingredients 6 – 8, and cook 2 minutes, or until onions are tender. Push to side of skillet.
- Add remaining 1 ½ tablespoons oil heat until quite hot. Add chicken and cook 2 minutes. Mix ingredients 9 – 12 and pour into pan. Bring to boil, add fresh basil and mix. Scoop chicken on serving platter and serve with rice and vegetable, if desired.
Serves 6. Try this with Taft Street 2010 Sonoma County Rose of Pinot Noir. You won’t be disappointed.