A great party treat, and so much better than the store bought.
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling dough
- 1 packets instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, more if needed
- ½ cup cornmeal
- Sea salt
- Grated Parmesan
- Combine first five ingredients in food processor. Pulse to mix. Add olive oil and pulse. With machine running, add a cup or more of cold water, until a somewhat sticky ball forms.
- Put a little oil in a bowl and add dough mixture and form a ball. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise for an hour. Place covered bowl in fridge for several hours.
- Heat oven to 400. Grease two baking sheets with oil and sprinkle with cornmeal. Cut dough in quarters and keep three pieces covered while you roll a piece into an 18″ X 6″ rectangle. Slice off a 1″ X 6″ piece, and with floured hands, roll into a 12″ stick. Transfer to pan and continue with remaining dough.
- Brush sticks with oil and sprinkle with salt and Parmesan cheese. Bake 12 -15 minutes, or until crisp. Cool on racks. Serve immediately or store in airtight container.
Makes 72. Serve with any Taft Street wine. Especially good at a Wine Tasting!