A friend recently brought me a nice smoked salmon filet. I used it to make a quick and delicious hors d’oeuvre.
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½ pound smoked salmon
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup yogurt (Greek style is nice)
- 1 handful basil leaves, chopped
- 24 toasted baguette rounds
- Soak shallot in lemon juice for an hour.
- Put salmon, sour cream, yogurt, basil, shallot and lemon juice in a food processor. Pulse until mixed but not too smooth.
- Serve over baguette rounds.
These just scream for a glass of Taft Street Chardonnay.