For the next couple of months it’s picnic season, and potato salad is a go-to dish. Here is a recipe that works.
- 2 ½ pounds russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 red pepper, cored
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place onion and lemon juice in a bowl. Set aside 15 minutes
- Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and place in bowl.
- Place garlic, capers, olives and pepper in blender and roughly chop.
- Pour garlic mixture and onion over potatoes. Add oil and mix.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Add parsley as garnish.
Serves six. Right now I’m thinking barbeque ribs, this potato salad, and some Taft Street Zin.