I served this salad recently at a Taft Street Board of Directors meeting, although it would go equally well in a less august setting. This salad will pair well with the Taft Street 2012 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir.
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 Gravenstein apple, cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl combine the top five ingredients.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Slowly add the vinaigrette until it thinly coats the salad (you may not need all the vinaigrette).