Monthly tasty treats from our resident foodie and President Mike Tierney
https://taftstreetwinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cold-asisan-noodle-salad-with-sauv-blanc-photo.jpg 844 1500 Taft Street /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/TSW-logo-300-300x137.png Taft Street2017-09-01 23:33:142017-09-08 23:40:45Cold Asian Noodle Salad
With the hot days of harvest upon us, it’s time to plan a few meals that provide ease, can be (partially) made ahead, and are literally cool. Here’s an old standby.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 pound fresh egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions
- Cook pasta to al dente in a big pot of salted water (be careful not to overcook). Drain and rinse with cold water. Chill.
- Peel cucumber, slice lengthwise, and deseed with a spoon. Thinly slice.
- Whisk together sesame oil, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, rice wine vinegar and pepper in a bowl. Stir in cucumber.
- When ready to serve, add chicken and sauce to noodles and mix thoroughly. Garnish with scallions and serve.
Serves 4 with a bottle of Taft Street Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc
https://taftstreetwinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/pexels-photo-260426.jpeg 2418 3782 Taft Street /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/TSW-logo-300-300x137.png Taft Street2017-08-01 00:59:282017-08-04 01:02:34Watermelon, Feta, And Mint Salad
In the last few years, this simple salad has become a summertime staple. Just remember; the better the ingredients, the better the results.
- 3 pounds seedless watermelon, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus zest from ½ the lemon
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon for drizzle
- ¼ cup mint leaves, chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- Put watermelon in large bowl. Add lemon juie, zest, oil and mint. Toss until evenly mixed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer salad to a serving dish and top with feta. Sprinkle remaining zest, olive oil and a few grinds of fresh pepper. Serves 4 – 6.
If you are lucky enough to possess some Taft Street 2016 Russian River Rose of Pinot Noir, you have yourself a feast. However, the Taft Street Chardonnay or Taft Street Sauvignon Blanc will not disappoint.
https://taftstreetwinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/steak-steaks-barbecue-summer-55808.jpeg 1125 2000 Taft Street /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/TSW-logo-300-300x137.png Taft Street2017-07-01 18:52:112017-07-04 18:55:19Asian Grilled Steak
With the 4th of July right around the corner, our culinary thoughts naturally turn to the grill. On hot days (and evenings) it’s nice to get something done that both tasty and quick. The following accomplishes both.
- 1/3 cup tahini sauce (soy will do)
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 2 chopped cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 ½ pounds tri-tip
- Heat grill. Place top six ingredients into food processor and blend thoroughly. Pour mixture over tri-tip, turning several times.
- Place meat on the grill and baste meat often with marinade.
- Cook until a thermometer reads 120 in thickest part of the meat. Take off the grill and let rest for ten minutes.
- Cut thinly and serve with Asian rice or noodle salad.
Serves 4 – 6
A nice bottle of 2014 Alexander Valley Merlot would go well here.
https://taftstreetwinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/pexels-photo-343871.jpg 450 999 Taft Street /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/TSW-logo-300-300x137.png Taft Street2017-06-01 16:32:242017-06-02 16:35:55One Dish Easy Supper
We are constantly on the lookout for a simple, good tasting dish that goes well with one of our wines. In summertime that wine of often Taft Street Russian River Sauvignon Blanc, and the following shrimp and rice combo works particularly well with it.
- 1 ½ cups long grained rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 pound shelled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- ½ teaspoon black vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- Garnish (parsley, crumbled nori, cilantro, etc.)
- Cook rice per directions. Let cool.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add garlic and shrimp, cooking until garlic browns and shrimp turns opaque.
- Add rice, tamari, vinegar and fish sauce, stirring until well mixed. Serve immediately and top with sesame seeds and garnish of choice. Taft Street Sauvignon Blanc is a requirement!
https://taftstreetwinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/shrimp-pasta-pexels-photo-65131.jpg 702 1500 Taft Street /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/TSW-logo-300-300x137.png Taft Street2017-05-04 22:42:492017-05-04 22:42:49Shrimp Pasta With Rose Sauce
Our BEST OF THE BEST 2016 Russian River Valley Rose of Pinot Noir has drawn accolades from many. One is the grower of the award winning wine. Arturo Ibleto is known in Sonoma County as “Pasta King.” He’s partial, but he thinks the Best of the Best rose goes best with pasta. Here’s one of our favorites
- 1 pound peeled shrimp (30 – 40)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 quarts water
- 1 pound linguini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic, minced
- ½ cup 2016 Taft Street Russian River Valley Rose of Pinot Noir
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- basil leaves (garnish)
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add salt and stir in pasta, cooking until al dente (7 – 9 minutes). Drain into a colander, setting aside one cup of cooking liquid.
- While pasta is cooking heat oil in a skillet and add shallots, garlic, and salt. Cook 3 – 5 minutes and add wine and tomatoes and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Add shrimp and cream. If the mixture is too dry add cooking liquid as needed.
- Divide pasta on plates, pouring shrimp sauce on top. Add basil leaves as garnish. Serve with the rest of the Taft Street Rose. You may need another bottle!
We welcome visitors to our tasting room. Open Monday through Friday from 11 AM to 4 PM daily. Open weekends 11 AM to 4:30 PM.
No need for appointments with groups under six.
The $10/person tasting fee is waived with purchase. Tastings are complimentary for President Club members.
State of the Street
Sign-up today to receive a 20% discount on your first order! Keep up to date with a monthly dose of new releases, events, awards, and promotions.