Monthly tasty treats from our resident foodie and President Mike Tierney
/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/TSW-logo-300-300x137.png 0 0 Taft Street /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/TSW-logo-300-300x137.png Taft Street2018-01-01 15:18:052018-01-15 15:19:25Quick Pork Parmigiana
With the holiday season behind us, it’s time to simplify, and that includes meals. Here is an easy yet satisfying winter dish that goes particularly well with our newly released 2016 Sonoma County Merlot.
Serves 6 – 8
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound boneless pork, sliced and pounded into ¼ inch slices
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 28-ounce jar tomato sauce (with herbs and spices)
- 12 ounces cooked and drained pasta
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine breadcrumbs and 1 tablespoon cheese. Dip pork slices in egg and then coat with crumb mix. Arrange on the greased baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes, turning once.
- Heat the tomato sauce and spoon over cooked pasta. Top with pork slices and the remaining Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
https://taftstreetwinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/mango-1534061_1920-e1513265054994.jpg 1248 1920 Taft Street /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/TSW-logo-300-300x137.png Taft Street2017-12-01 15:22:372017-12-14 15:24:35Halibut – Mango Ceviche
I have a freezer full of halibut, the result of a fishing trip to Alaska last summer (I’m going again this summer). My favorite recipe is simple, delicious, and a natural with a glass of Taft Street Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc or Rose.
- 1 ½ pounds skinless halibut fillets, cubed
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine halibut, juices, peppers, and onion in a non-metallic bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Fold in mango, cilantro and season to taste.
Serve with tortilla chips or toasted tortillas.
https://taftstreetwinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/rice-eggs-cheese-mikes-kitchen.jpg 690 1500 Taft Street /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/TSW-logo-300-300x137.png Taft Street2017-11-01 17:00:142017-11-07 17:02:02Rice ‘N Eggs ‘N Cheese
I almost always have leftover rice when I cook it, and I get tired of always making fried rice the next day. Here is an alternative that makes a tasty substitute for hashbrowns.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Butter for frying
- Turn on broiler. Mix together rice, eggs, and half the cheese. Season to taste.
- Melt butter in fry pan and add mixture when bubbly.
- Cook over medium heat until browned on the bottom, about 6 – 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and place in broiler about 6 inches from heat. Cook until cheese melts and the dish is nicely browned.
Serves four. Depending on entrée choose an appropriate Taft Street wine.
https://taftstreetwinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/oysters.jpg 656 1500 Taft Street /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/TSW-logo-300-300x137.png Taft Street2017-10-01 15:28:262017-10-31 15:34:52Mignonette Sauce
Last weekend I did one of my favorite things in the whole world. I had a friend swing by Tomales Bay and picked up a sack of Hog Island oysters, made some mignonette sauce, cracked open several frosty bottles of 2016 Taft Street Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc, and sat around with friends enjoying the aforementioned. Life doesn’t get much better!
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black peppercorns
- ½ cup vinegar (red or white or rice)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- Combine all ingredients and chill. Serve with oysters.
- Fresh lemon and hot sauce may be included.
https://taftstreetwinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cold-asisan-noodle-salad-with-sauv-blanc-photo.jpg 844 1500 Taft Street /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/TSW-logo-300-300x137.png Taft Street2017-09-01 23:33:142017-09-08 23:40:45Cold Asian Noodle Salad
With the hot days of harvest upon us, it’s time to plan a few meals that provide ease, can be (partially) made ahead, and are literally cool. Here’s an old standby.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 pound fresh egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions
- Cook pasta to al dente in a big pot of salted water (be careful not to overcook). Drain and rinse with cold water. Chill.
- Peel cucumber, slice lengthwise, and deseed with a spoon. Thinly slice.
- Whisk together sesame oil, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, rice wine vinegar and pepper in a bowl. Stir in cucumber.
- When ready to serve, add chicken and sauce to noodles and mix thoroughly. Garnish with scallions and serve.
Serves 4 with a bottle of Taft Street Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc
We welcome visitors to our tasting room. Open Monday through Friday from 11 AM to 4 PM daily. Open weekends 11 AM to 4:30 PM.
No need for appointments with groups under six.
The $10/person tasting fee is waived with purchase. Tastings are complimentary for President Club members.
State of the Street
Sign-up today to receive a 20% discount on your first order! Keep up to date with a monthly dose of new releases, events, awards, and promotions.