Monthly tasty treats from our resident foodie and President Mike Tierney
https://taftstreetwinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/rice-eggs-cheese-mikes-kitchen.jpg 690 1500 Taft Street /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/TSW-logo-300-300x137.png Taft Street2017-11-01 17:00:142017-11-07 17:02:02Rice ‘N Eggs ‘N Cheese
I almost always have leftover rice when I cook it, and I get tired of always making fried rice the next day. Here is an alternative that makes a tasty substitute for hashbrowns.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Butter for frying
- Turn on broiler. Mix together rice, eggs, and half the cheese. Season to taste.
- Melt butter in fry pan and add mixture when bubbly.
- Cook over medium heat until browned on the bottom, about 6 – 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and place in broiler about 6 inches from heat. Cook until cheese melts and the dish is nicely browned.
Serves four. Depending on entrée choose an appropriate Taft Street wine.
https://taftstreetwinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/oysters.jpg 656 1500 Taft Street /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/TSW-logo-300-300x137.png Taft Street2017-10-01 15:28:262017-10-31 15:34:52Mignonette Sauce
Last weekend I did one of my favorite things in the whole world. I had a friend swing by Tomales Bay and picked up a sack of Hog Island oysters, made some mignonette sauce, cracked open several frosty bottles of 2016 Taft Street Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc, and sat around with friends enjoying the aforementioned. Life doesn’t get much better!
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black peppercorns
- ½ cup vinegar (red or white or rice)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- Combine all ingredients and chill. Serve with oysters.
- Fresh lemon and hot sauce may be included.
https://taftstreetwinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cold-asisan-noodle-salad-with-sauv-blanc-photo.jpg 844 1500 Taft Street /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/TSW-logo-300-300x137.png Taft Street2017-09-01 23:33:142017-09-08 23:40:45Cold Asian Noodle Salad
With the hot days of harvest upon us, it’s time to plan a few meals that provide ease, can be (partially) made ahead, and are literally cool. Here’s an old standby.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 pound fresh egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions
- Cook pasta to al dente in a big pot of salted water (be careful not to overcook). Drain and rinse with cold water. Chill.
- Peel cucumber, slice lengthwise, and deseed with a spoon. Thinly slice.
- Whisk together sesame oil, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, rice wine vinegar and pepper in a bowl. Stir in cucumber.
- When ready to serve, add chicken and sauce to noodles and mix thoroughly. Garnish with scallions and serve.
Serves 4 with a bottle of Taft Street Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc
https://taftstreetwinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/pexels-photo-260426.jpeg 2418 3782 Taft Street /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/TSW-logo-300-300x137.png Taft Street2017-08-01 00:59:282017-08-04 01:02:34Watermelon, Feta, And Mint Salad
In the last few years, this simple salad has become a summertime staple. Just remember; the better the ingredients, the better the results.
- 3 pounds seedless watermelon, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus zest from ½ the lemon
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon for drizzle
- ¼ cup mint leaves, chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- Put watermelon in large bowl. Add lemon juie, zest, oil and mint. Toss until evenly mixed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer salad to a serving dish and top with feta. Sprinkle remaining zest, olive oil and a few grinds of fresh pepper. Serves 4 – 6.
If you are lucky enough to possess some Taft Street 2016 Russian River Rose of Pinot Noir, you have yourself a feast. However, the Taft Street Chardonnay or Taft Street Sauvignon Blanc will not disappoint.
https://taftstreetwinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/steak-steaks-barbecue-summer-55808.jpeg 1125 2000 Taft Street /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/TSW-logo-300-300x137.png Taft Street2017-07-01 18:52:112017-07-04 18:55:19Asian Grilled Steak
With the 4th of July right around the corner, our culinary thoughts naturally turn to the grill. On hot days (and evenings) it’s nice to get something done that both tasty and quick. The following accomplishes both.
- 1/3 cup tahini sauce (soy will do)
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 2 chopped cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 ½ pounds tri-tip
- Heat grill. Place top six ingredients into food processor and blend thoroughly. Pour mixture over tri-tip, turning several times.
- Place meat on the grill and baste meat often with marinade.
- Cook until a thermometer reads 120 in thickest part of the meat. Take off the grill and let rest for ten minutes.
- Cut thinly and serve with Asian rice or noodle salad.
Serves 4 – 6
A nice bottle of 2014 Alexander Valley Merlot would go well here.
We welcome visitors to our tasting room. Open Monday through Friday from 11 AM to 4 PM daily. Open weekends 11 AM to 4:30 PM.
No need for appointments with groups under six.
The $10/person tasting fee is waived with purchase. Tastings are complimentary for President Club members.
State of the Street
Sign-up today to receive a 20% discount on your first order! Keep up to date with a monthly dose of new releases, events, awards, and promotions.