Archive for month: March, 2017
- 2 sticks butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tablespoon water
- 2 cups flour
- 6 Meyer lemons
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ¼ sticks butter
- 6 egg whites
- 6 eggs
- In mixer cream butter and sugar. Add in egg yolk and water. In a bowl combine flour and salt, and slowly add to butter mix until blended. Divide in two and chill for 1 hour.
- Butter 10-inch tart pan. Press dough into pan, trimming edges. Pierce dough with fork and freeze for half hour.
- Grate lemons for zest. Extract 1 cup of lemon juice. In pan combine juice and zest with remaining sugar, butter, and salt. Heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted.
- Combine eggs and yolks in a mixer. Add lemon mixture and whisk over low heat until it thickens (do not bring to boil). Remove from heat and strain. Add sugar if desired. Cover with plastic wrap and cool.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Remove shell from freezer and bake 20 – 25 minutes (lightly browned). Add lemon curd and smooth top. Bake for 30 minutes, covering edges if the start to burn. Cool to room temperature.
We welcome visitors to our tasting room. Open Monday through Friday from 11 AM to 4 PM daily. Open weekends 11 AM to 4:30 PM.
No need for appointments with groups under six.
The $10/person tasting fee is waived with purchase. Tastings are complimentary for President Club members.
State of the Street
2030 Barlow Lane
Sebastopol, CA 95472
Email: [email protected]
WARNING: Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol.